Eighteen-month-old girl is left with horror burns to her thigh after a TUI air hostess ‘spilled boiling hot tea’ over her on a flight home from Mexico
An eighteen-month-old girl was left with horror burns after an air hostess allegedly ‘carelessly spilled’ boiling hot tea over her on a flight.
Joe Mirza and Hollie Hunter were jetting home with their 18-month-old daughter Lily from a family holiday in Cancun, Mexico when she was scalded.
They claim a TUI Airways air hostess spilled the liquid over their baby’s thigh as she served drinks.
The cabin crew provided first aid on the flight to tend to the horror injuries to her upper right leg.
The images above show the burns that Lily was left with after her parents claimed an air hostess ‘carelessly’ spilled the liquid
The family (pictured above) had enjoyed a holiday to Mexico and had been on the return flight home
The couple from West Yorkshire, have lodged an official complaint and the airline is investigating.
They are also looking for other passengers on the flight to Manchester on January 15 who may have witnessed what happened.
Dad Joe posted photos of his daughter’s injuries on Facebook and it has been shared more than 60,000.
He said: ‘We are looking for witnesses who flew on the same TUI flight (TOM169) as us from Cancun to Manchester, 15th January 2020.’
The couple (pictured above) put the photos out on Facebook in order to thank the other passengers that helped them
Paraplanner Joe alleged: ‘An air hostess carelessly spilled tea down Lily’s leg and consequently has left her with a nasty burn on her thigh.
‘We have been going through the complaints process with TUI since we landed and upon reading the flight log, finally this week, the flight attendant’s version of events is a complete lie and they’re trying to cover up their c**k up.
‘Me and Hollie both wish we acted a bit more cerebral and got the names of the fellow passengers who helped, however we were too busy tending to Lily and didn’t have our minds on anything but her wellbeing.
‘We are hoping that this post will reach the said passengers and if it does, first of all, thank you for helping our girl. Secondly, please private message me.’
Emily Bates commented: ‘How awful Joe! Sending big hugs to you all and little Lily! Hope she has a speedy recovery! Hope you get somewhere too! Don’t give up.’
Joanna Carlton added: ‘Omg I’m so sorry this has happened to lily. Hope she recovers quickly and it doesn’t scar poor little one.’
Paraplanner Joe also said his little girl was both mentally and physically harmed and he does not not know how long it will take her to recover.
A spokesman for TUI said: ‘Our customers’ safety is always our first priority and we take reports of any injuries extremely seriously.
‘Our trained crew immediately administered first aid and did everything they could to help the family as soon as they were made aware that the child had been hurt.
‘We’re conducting a thorough investigation into what happened and will be contacting Mr Mirza as soon as this has been completed.’